Happy New Year!
For Maiden Jane, it was the year of the quilt blanket! I completed 47 blankets this past year! My Oversized Totes, Mesh Beach Bags and T Shirt Quilt Kits were also popular. It was an exciting year for me as a small business owner. I have learned a great deal and learned, also, that I have a lot to learn!
I ventured into advertising my shop and products in 2012 which helped spur growth. I’ve had a lot of word-of-mouth sales as well, both locally and around the country.
I truly enjoy the opportunity to work with my hands and to work with my customers. Networking with fellow handmade artisans and small business owners has been invaluable!
On a personal level, 2012 was a challenging year. But life is always presenting challenges and we are usually stronger because of it. I am grateful for the support of family and friends!
I am taking a moment to write down some of my goals for 2013.
– continue to provide excellent service to my customers in the process of making custom items for them
– develop new oversized beach blanket and monogrammed oversized beach tote
– produce weekly, upcycled products – aprons, sweatshirt bags
– inspire others to sew with practical and pretty sewing tutorials
– develop new products in collaborations
– manage time on social media
– develop some products that follow merchandising trends
– learn how to use my camera
– learn how to use Photoshop
– complete Craftsy pants class
– complete Craftsy dress class
– beach blanket
– winter coat
– create something “artistic” – I’m not sure what that will be….machine or hand embroidery, an “art” quilt
– donate two quilts to schools to auction
– reach out to a family from Sandy Hook, CT. I have seen a pillowcase drive, but I would love to create memory items for a family affected by this tragedy.
– run four 5Ks
– continue to explore vegetarian meal ideas
Nest week, I plan to share some of the ways I organize. This is the time of year for fresh starts and new systems. I hope that you will share your tips and techniques for organizing your business and personal life with me!