….of a complete day to sew….from start to finish.
If I had such a day, I’d like to tackle:
1. These Amazing Fit patterns from Simplicity. I am working on improving my fit and I’d love to make my own pair of pants. I do not have a body that fits into today’s current styles. In other words, I still have a waist that is above my belly button and do not wish to expose the general public to anything below that. (Why do I still try on pants at Target? They never look good on me.) I have very strong opinions on today’s pants and how awful they look except on the most fit teens and women….but that’s a post for another day.
2. These dresses. I like simple lines and love the color-blocked sheath dress. I would probably make these with a sleeve because, well, see #1, the same applies to my arms. Plus, I will look like Audrey Hepburn if I make the one on the left and the sophisticated model on the right – right?
3. A classic shirt dress and a classic trench coat. I think the coat could update my look instantly.
4. I love to sew coats. I picked up this pattern for daughters, but I would make it without the flounce for myself.
5. My nephew is expecting a baby, so I thought a little gift sewing was in order. I want to make bibs out of his old t-shirts (plus a t-shirt quilt for the baby!)
6. The rest of these are for my oldest daughter – some potentially for her concert.
A girl can dream, can’t she?
oh my, they are all so gorgeous, you would spend the whole day deciding which one to start on.
I really should have a go at sewing my own clothes, I just didn’t realise there were such gorgeous patterns available.
Well, I think you need to set aside a few days just for sewing! I agree with you about the fit of pants these days. They are cut way too low in the waist for me. So many pretty patterns … I like that Audrey Hepburn dress.
I reeeeeeally need to learn how to sew 🙂 Those shift dresses are amazing! You will look like a goddess and must make them and post pictures x
ahhh, a whole day to sew without a single interruption. I would like to join in your dream! I love your choices and I have a feeling we have the same opinion about current pant styles. 🙂
Oh My Goodness I am in love with that Audrey style dress and that 1st vintage dress!!!!!
I must learn how to sew adult clothing immediately!