You may recall that I was asked to make a pillow from a high school varsity jacket. The jacket belonged to a young father and husband who succumbed to cancer.
This is the original pillow I created: (You can read the post here.)
His wife loved the pillow so much that she wanted it for herself. She came back to see if I could use the sleeves to create pillows for her two teen sons.
There was enough fabric to create a square. There was also two versions of ’81, a football and the remnants of his name patch.
I purchased some wool felt and used it to recreate the name patch. I tried to salvage the “D” and the “A” but the “D” broke, so I made new letters and kept the original “A”.
I again used polar fleece for the edging and back.
I had enough of the jacket ribbing to use it on one side of the pillows.
I guess you can say that I am on a deconstrucing/reconstructing roll. I enjoyed the challenge of using the varsity jacket to preserve a memory – again, in a tangible way.