It was a bit chilly and windy on Easter, but I think you can see my sewing “intern” did a fantastic job! We carefully measured her and adjusted the multi-sized pattern accordingly. I asked her to baste it in steps so we could make adjustments along the way.
I understand that patterns should be fit and adjusted, but it is a pet peeve of mine that even after measuring and cutting, we had to remove INCHES from the fabric! We removed so much that we had to remove one of the pleats. Even accounting for ease there appeared to be a disconnect between the measurements, but I find that with almost every pattern I use.
I guided her on the zipper application, which I still struggle to make wrinkle-free. I am actually starting to prefer invisible zippers for their look and ease of sewing.