I have two kids heading back to college and two in high school. Last year my daughter and I gathered some ideas for healthy care package ideas – or at least healthi-er! (Back in my day, I got cookies and candy from my family members!)
I wrote a post about this last year and thought I’d update it. Please share your ideas in the comments and I will add them to this post.
- Dried apricots
- Graham crackers (regular, chocolate, cinnamon)
- Healthy choice microwavable soups (chicken noodle, chicken with rice, Italian wedding soup.)
- Starbucks Refreshers Beverage.
- Nature Valley Sweet and Salty Peanut Breakfast Bars
- Special K Cereal Bars
- Jif-To-Go Peanut Butter Packets
- Cereal: Special K, Post Great Grains, Kashi
- Animal Crackers
- Fig Newtons
- Macaroni and Cheese Bowls
- Rice – microwavable
Some other care-package ideas:
- handmade soaps
- disposable razors
- Gift Cards: Chipotle, Subway
My son has a very limited appetite so I am always concerned that he’s at least trying to eat healthy at school. He found bags of organic dried apples. One bag equals 5 apples. I suppose I peeled too many apples when he was growing up because he won’t just eat an apple. At least he found this option…and all on his own! LOL
fruit, veggies. She loves popcorn and is loving the 9.99 microwave popcorn popper you can get and just add cheap, bagged (and much healthier) popcorn. Hm…luckily she’s on a health kick so I advised that she pick up her fruits and veggies at Aldi and the gluten free necessities at Trader Joes. The fact that she’s 15 minutes away helps in the food dept. 🙂 Good luck!